Ceviche

Calling seafood lovers!




                               I'm going to share with you a piece of my culture, Ceviche!
Ceviche is a dish I grew up eating and have grown to love.
It is a seafood dish that is popular in Guatemala and all over South America. 
The beauty of this dish is that you can customize it by adding the seafood of your choice. 
It is best eaten cold with tortilla chips or tostadas. 
This is usually served at parties as an appetizer. 

I start by washing my seafood, in this case the shrimp also needed to be peeled and the tilapia needed to be diced. 
once I'm done i put them into a large bowl and add the juice of about 12 limes to the seafood, i cover with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for about 5 hours. 
The amount of time you store it depends on the seafood itself, you have to check and stir it every once in a while and you will notice when the lime has cooked the fish. 
the fish is no longer translucent and it has the texture of a cooked fish instead. 
Mean while it is cooking I dice half an onion, 4 chiles seranos, a whole bunch of cilantro and some tomatoes. 
The type of tomato you choose to use is up to you, I prefer to use roma tomatoes because i have found that they are harder and easier for me to dice. 

Once the seafood is ready you can add the vegetables in and some salt and pepper to taste. 
And your done. serve with chips or tostadas and avocado on top.
I wanted to mention that another thing i like to add is cucumber , because it gives the ceviche a nice crunch and doesn't get soggy to fast. 
Also squid and octopus is the best in ceviche and you can easily buy a bag of seafood mix for this recipe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

roasted brussel sprouts

pulled barbecue kickin beef

How to make oatmeal better